Thursday, December 6, 2012

St. Nick

We are well into our first week of Advent! Chris and I went to the Christmas Tree lot on base and got small branches to make our advent wreath. Chris did a great job crafting it! 


Thank you Rebecca Lowery for sending us that cedar wood block. Even though we couldn't burn it in a cool fire on the beach, it has still served a purpose :)

Chris said to me the other day, "We have to go out, there's something we need for our family." Imagine my delight when I found out THIS is what he meant. I knew I loved him!


For a wonderful holiday activity, Liz spent the day baking "Treats for Troops" with Kelsey and her one year old, Maddie. Kelsey's husband, Cory, is one of Chris' classmates. They are a great family and we've really enjoyed getting to know them these last few months.

Maddie drinking her milk, wondering where the cookies are.

 Ingredients for the best cookies on earth: Chocolate Cherry Wine Cookies!



 

 "Wait... I wanted some of the wine cookies!"



Happy Saint Nick's Day! Have a blessed Advent!
(....19 days till Christmas)




1 comment:

  1. Elf is the best and my favorite Christmas movie. It's a must have.

    ReplyDelete